Established in 1987, Korea Engineering Plastics (KEP) is one of the largest producers of acetal copolymer POM in the world, and operates one of the biggest POM production facilities under one roof. With the ability to run six production lines with a peak capacity of 145,000 metric tons, KEP is a leader in the POM industry.
KEP is also one of the most certified POM producers in the world. KEPITAL® products are certified for ISO, NSF, FDA, USP Class 6, UL, and CSA regulations as well as global automotive OEMs and suppliers. KEP sells POM to customers in over 100 countries and offers over 200 individual grades, with locations throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Global customers are supported by locally warehoused inventory, personalized sales, experienced application development, and in-depth technical support.
Korea Engineering Plastics (KEP) has been producing superior quality POM since 1987, when we first introduced the polymerization of polyacetal to Korea and built the first POM production facility in Ulsan. Through strong, steady financial growth and the addition of sales and distribution facilities around the globe, we have expanded to become one of the largest producers of copolymer POM in the world, with a nameplate production capacity of 145,000 metric tons per year.
- Began commercial production of POM at the Ulsan facility.
- Opened the Polymer Technology Research Center (PTRC) to focus on new product development and provide global technical support.
- Earned ISO9002 certification from TUV Rheinland.
- Earned QS9000/ISO9001 certification.
- Earned ISO 14001 certification for environmental stewardship. Earned ISO/TS 16949 automotive quality control management, ISO 9001, QS 9000 and ISO 14000 Approval.
- Expanded to the western hemisphere with the creation of KEP Americas.
- Completed the Pyeongtaek compounding facility with a nameplate production capacity of 5,000 metric tons per year.
- Established KEP Europe in Wiesbaden, Germany.
- Opened KEP China in Shanghai.
- Expanded Ulsan POM facility to a nameplate capacity of 145,000 metric tons per year.
- Became the first polymer manufacturer to earn bluesign® certification for the production of sustainable raw materials for the textile industry.
Global Brand, Local Presence
- Atlanta, GA
- Cincinnati, OH
- Dallas, TX
- Detroit, MI
- Englishtown, NJ
- Wiesbaden, Germany
- Gunpo, South Korea
- Pyongtaek, South Korea
- Seoul, South Korea
- Ulsan, South Korea
- Shanghai, China